Sherry Huss is Co-founder of Maker Faire and a major advocate of “all things maker” in the global community. A former Vice President of Maker Media, her vision and passion have helped spark the maker movement and she has been instrumental in growing the Make: brand within the maker ecosystem.
Sherry has over 25 years of technology marketing, management, and event experience and has held senior management positions at MediaLive International, Key3Media, Ziff-Davis and Softbank. Before Maker Faire, Sherry launched and managed successful technology and consumer events such as Sun’s JavaOne, Oracle’s iDevelop, O’Reilly Media’s Web 2.0 Summit and Dwell Magazine’s Dwell on Design Conference and Expo.
As a 2017 Forbes Forty over 40 Honoree and a 2018 Hackaday Prize Judge, she is passionate about making and the Maker community and is an entrepreneur, event strategist, marketing maven, proven leader, community organizer and consultant who serves on advisory boards for:
- Collab (a Fabrication Lab, Innovation Studio and Do Tank in NYC)
- Future Food Institute (an Italian-based non-profit, opening an office in San Francisco) with global horizons that aims to build a more equitable world through enlightening a world-class breed of innovators, boosting entrepreneurial potential and improving agri-food expertise and tradition)
- “Say Puede Foods” – A 2019 product release of an organic tortilla chip with a mission (you will see these products on the west coast in Whole Foods and other natural food stores in Q1 2019)
- Museum of Future Sports (the first of its kind STEM education lab & multi-use sports venue dedicated to the Bay Area’s rich history and leadership in the world of future sports)
- Startup Sonoma County (a startup incubator and community space fostering the growth on new startups in Sonoma County)
- Occidental Bohemian Farmers Market (West Sonoma County’s innovative farmers market, preserving vital agricultural tradition to the community).
In addition, she is helping launch Gerard’s PAELLA Y TAPAS restaurant franchise in Santa Rosa, CA since the spring of 2018.