Meet Lori Miller
Lori Miller is a mental health professional in Stuart Florida. She works with people from all walks of life who are dealing with anxiety, depression, and the stress and pressures of life to connect with a life that works for them at work and at home.
- Committed to taking my private practice to the next level, as well as identifying my niche in the local community.
- Putting in the work to do marketing and follow up, and it’s paying off.
- Working with wonderful clients who want to get better and are eager to do the work to get there.
- There is so much more to do in mental health.
- So many people continue to struggle and find it difficult to reach out for help.
- Joe Miller my husband and partner of 27 years. He is also a mental health professional and he continues to challenge me to grow and learn and try new things. He is so wise in both mental health and business (we both had careers in business before entering the mental health field). He is invaluable to me in that way. And he’s the fun one, so there you go!
- That’s a really tough one. In terms of working with clients, so much of doing the work in mental health relies on the client being willing to do their own work and take actions that will move them forward. Not everyone is at that place yet, even though they are agreeable to therapy. Ultimately you want them to reach their goals. If they don’t, but they have moved just a few inches forward, that is still a success. From a business and marketing perspective, you always have new people you are talking to and coming into your business, even as you are wrapping up therapy with existing clients. It’s kind of a rolling target.
- Write a process for recognizing “Rumination” when it starts, and a tactical approach to dealing with it or working through it.
- Write my book, a primer on self-care to help with stress and anxiety, by January 5, 2019.
- Launch my YouTube Channel (with content) by January 19th, 2019
- The tactical approach to dealing with problems is important.
- I didn’t know I was going to get so much homework! We all need accountability.
Connect with Lori Miller
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lorimiller
- Website: https://lorimiller.me
- Instagram: @lorimillerme
- Twitter: @lorimillerme
- Facebook: lorimiller.me